The primary outlets for our scientific research are publications (mostly books, journal articles, and book chapters). You can find various lists of them elsewhere on the site, as part of:
- monthly lists of recent core publications
- the (bi) annual research report section
- research project pages
- research group pages
- person webpages
- our dissertation series webpage
Most of the publication lists on our website are generated from our PubMan publications database. Via these lists, you can usually access additional information (e.g., downloadable fulltext or fulltext request form, abstract, supplementary information). If you want, you can also search the PubMan database itself.
Our work also contributes to science and society in many other ways, such as by:
- the organization of scientific events
- initiating and coordinating scientific or R&D consortia
- editing core journals in the field
- developing of software tools for language research and archiving
- participating in various educational programs
- and reporting our work at scientific or public fora.
All research done at the Institute is based on the
Rules of Good Scientific Practice adopted by the senate of the Max Planck Society.