IMPRS for language sciences -
Every year, a cohort of approximately 18 students joins the International Max Planck Research School for Language Sciences.
These students are either:
- Recruited specifically for the school through an IMPRS for Language Sciences fellowship (three positions available per year); or
- Invited to join because they are outstanding students beginning doctoral positions in relevant research areas at one of the partner institutes. more>
Joining the IMPRS for Language Sciences
Students at the partner institutes
Students who are beginning doctoral positions at one of the partner institutes in 2013 and wish to be considered for inclusion in the IMPRS for Language Sciences should speak to their supervisors.
IMPRS for Language Sciences fellowships
Every year, the IMPRS offers some fellowship positions.
The call for 2013 application is now closed. If you would like to be notified regarding future fellowship opportunities, email imprs at mpi dot nl to join our mailing list.
General requirements for participation
More detailed guidelines will be published in the annual call for fellowship applications, but there are some general requirements for students who wish to participate in the IMPRS for Language Sciences:
- A research programme in a relevant area of the language sciences. more>
- A completed Masters degree or equivalent in a field relevant to the language sciences.
- An excellent academic record.
- A good working knowledge of written and oral English, the working language of the research school.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please e-mail: imprs at mpi dot nl.