IMPRS for language sciences -
Every year, a cohort of approximately 18 students joins the International Max Planck Research School for Language Sciences.
These students are either:
- Recruited specifically for the school through an IMPRS for Language Sciences fellowship; or
- Invited to join because they are outstanding students beginning doctoral positions in relevant research areas at one of the partner institutes. more>
Joining the IMPRS for Language Sciences
IMPRS for Language Sciences fellowships
Every year, the IMPRS for Language Sciences offers three PhD fellowships, four years in length. The IMPRS fellowship students will be placed at one of the three partner institutes.
The 2017 call for applications will begin in early November. Email imprs at mpi dot nl if you would like to be contacted when applications open for 2017 positions.
Students at the partner institutes
Students who are beginning doctoral positions at one of the partner institutes in 2016 and wish to be considered for inclusion in the IMPRS for Language Sciences should speak to their supervisors and contact the IMPRS.
General requirements for participation
More detailed guidelines will be published in the annual call for fellowship applications, but there are some general requirements for students who wish to participate in the IMPRS for Language Sciences:
- A research programme in a relevant area of the language sciences. more>
- A completed Masters degree or equivalent in a field relevant to the language sciences.
- An excellent academic record.
- A good working knowledge of written and oral English, the working language of the research school.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please e-mail: imprs at mpi dot nl.