Careers & Education
The MPI and education
Although the MPI for Psycholinguistics is primarily a research organisation, we are also proud of our prominent role in education.
- We work alongside the faculties of Science, Medicine, Arts, and Social Sciences at Radboud University Nijmegen to coordinate the International Max Planck Research School for Language Sciences.
- We are a key player in the multidisciplinary Master's degree programme in Cognitive Neuroscience, offered by Radboud University Nijmegen. For this programme, we help design modules on the Psycholinguistics specialisation track.
- All our directors, as well as some of our other senior staff members, have full professorships at Radboud University, where they also contribute to various curricula.
- Our scientists are frequently invited to teach at summer schools and on university courses elsewhere - in Europe and beyond.
- Our ongoing research projects provide ample hands-on training opportunities for Master's and PhD students. For an overview of PhD theses completed at the MPI, see the MPI Series.
The MPI - an equal opportunity employer, where everyone has a voice
At the MPI we take equal opportunities very seriously. We are very proud of the fact that everyone here is afforded the same opportunities when it comes to career development and achieving a manageable work-life balance.
We also believe that it is important to look after our PhD students and give them all the support they need throughout their PhD programmes. For this reason, we have a dedicated team of PhD representatives, who are responsible for all PhD-related events and issues at the Institute.
We also firmly believe that a collegial and cooperative working environment is conducive to the achievement of excellence. And, of course, we want all our staff to feel welcome and at home here.