A smoke-free campus for all
13 August 2020
The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) has published an environmental law that has resulted in smoking being prohibited in educational areas from 01-08-2020.
The Radboud University medical center property has been smoke-free since January 1, 2020; after the implementation at Radboud University and the HAN University of Applied Sciences, all of the Heyendaal Campus (including the Max Planck Institute grounds) will be smoke-free from August 2020. It is important that the campus provides a healthy, safe, and pleasant environment for everyone.
What does this mean?
- A campus where we will ask you, kindly but firmly, to consider other people by keeping the air in and around the buildings free from smoke.
- Together, we will keep the area smoke and vape free. The smoking ban also applies to e-cigarettes.
- Support for staff and students who want to quit smoking.
- A cleaner campus that is better for people and the environment.
- Visitors and students will no longer pass through a curtain of smoke before entering a building.
Thank you for your cooperation!